Wednesday, April 25, 2007

thinking bloggers

I woke this morning to discover that hopeful beirut, whose blog gives an inspiring and poignant glimpse into the life of a rather remarkable woman, had nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award.
What I have to do, says she, is basically nominate 5 others.
She already nabbed Lori, of Chatoyance. (and I'll just bet lori is gonna nominate Marly. But--closing my eyes and not checking lori's blog, I will do so. Zip. Quickly).
So. 1. The Palace At 2 AM in which Marly Youmans offers her exquisite mind and writing. Poetry, life in the palace, whimsey and wisdom. I stumbled on the palace one evening by accident. Obviously, in the universe, there are no accidents. Marly is the author of a number of unique novels (and a book of poetry). Dipping into her blog is always a refreshment to my spirit.
2. Five Gallon Bucket details a life of craft and homemade joy and search. For a time this blogger and her beautiful family lived in my region, so I drop in on her blog for vicarious tea and conversation. But even had I not known her, I am certain her creative spirit would enchant me.
3. Shirin in Engelestan is the often funny and just as often thought provoking blog of an Iranian born artist now living in England. She hasn't posted in a while (since announcing her coming baby) and I hope all is well with her. Hers is a delightful blog.
4. Dr. O2 of Sweet Hallucinations of a psycho is a young Iranian doctor whose brief, sometimes poetic, sometimes cynical, sometimes totally puzzling posts never fail to make me stop and think.
5. In the Blink of an Eye contains the extremely varied writing of Livewire. No one more authentic out there in the blogosphere. (and is that really a word at all??).
And now I need to find time to tell these folks what I've done here. And return for a much belated post of my own.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks! I have been thinking about who I will nominate in turn...
although I read very few.
tomorrow.

9:03 PM, April 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jarvenpa,

Thank you (and Lori, too) for the honor... I am so glad that you continue to like my books, as you are one of the world's great readers, as well as a poet.

Of course, while I am at Yaddo, I am not being a blogger at all!

I'll come back and read the rest when I get home.

6:59 AM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

How thoughtful! I'm just back from surgery and apologize for the delay in responding. I'm still soaking in the flattery associated with being one who 'thinks'... =)

12:52 PM, May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am home, and glad it is spring with you--though so much is dark, too.

When I get back from the next, smaller trip, I shall decide on my five thinkers!

5:30 PM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home