Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Poetry

Just a note, for I know that poetry is not to every reader's taste, but I have been putting more of my poetry at my other blog which is linked on the side, over yonder, or is right here

http://jarvenpa.blogspot.com/

Although my poetry has, as they say, been widely published in the literary and little magazines, it has never been collected and printed in a book. (ah, and not for lack of trying. The stories I could tell). Every so often someone wanders across a poem of mine somewhere and takes the time to discover where I am, through magic or cyber saavy. Since I direct them to my notebooks, and since some come back to me and ask where they can read more, and since the mice and rain are doing their magical transformations on my old paper notebook it seemed a good time to put more out for tasting.

The internet may not be the best place to read poems...but it is what I have to offer you, if you like.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Hydra said...

I do like, dear. Keep up the great job. We will come for more.

2:50 AM, November 20, 2009  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm so glad you visited mine, as it brought me back here. I'd seen your name but not followed you back.

I shall head to your other blog: poetry on the internet is difficult, I find. There is so much that is marvellous, and so much that really deserves more of my time, and some that doesn't, and I'm not sure that I should be adding to it myself, but then I feel I'm missing something if I don't try sometimes...

Your stories about the homeless were so moving, I am humbled by your compassion, and your practical commonsense too.

12:27 PM, November 22, 2009  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

Thanks Hydra and Lucy.

6:50 PM, November 22, 2009  
Blogger coyote said...

A very great pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am.

I, on my thumbless paws, shall be padding back to this place quite often...

5:15 AM, November 23, 2009  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Back (or rather, resurfacing from the muck of too much to do)...and of course I am thirsty for poems.

Sending you fortifying wishes as you gather those beautiful, fallen leaves from your earlier post.

5:47 PM, November 26, 2009  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

thank you coyote, and thank you Lori!

It is good to cross paths.

11:09 PM, November 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home