Thursday, June 07, 2007

throwing you a rose or two

Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is the same photo I put up on "jarvenpa's notebooks" (see the nice link to the side of this page, it's my other blog) some days back; my dear daughter took a couple at my urging. No one can have too many roses in their life, even if it is the same rose twice. This is just a quick check in post, inviting you to go visit the other blog for a moment or two, though I realize poetry is a specialized taste indeed these days.
I'll be posting something new here fairly soon I hope, though whether it will dwell upon the bears (we have return-of-the-bear-tribe going on at my cabin), the beauty of enduring friendships, merriment or sorrow--well, you know, I'm not sure. This evening the sky is darkening to evening-in-Paris blue, I am nostalgic and melancholic and listening to some lovely unknown music...baroque, I think, on the local radio station, played by a woman who also grows roses in my little town. But really I must go and fix pancakes for my youngest child, who has been promised these for days. Pancakes often take temporary priority over poetry in my life.
The rose, for those who care, is a David Austin rose, "Teasing Georgia". And a beauty it is, growing in the parking lot garden.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't need the invitation to go--just went--but I can always use another Austin rose.

12:32 PM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Naj said...

I love taking pictures of flowers, extreme closeups reveal so much mystery.

9:42 AM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

well, marly, I'd send you enough roses to last the summer if I could--I see you are to be offline till September..
and naj, yes--flower photos are wonderful, aren't they? And flowers!

11:25 PM, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home