Sunday, August 03, 2008

different windows

This is merely a quick note, typed between filling boxes of books. The next time I write I will be looking out different windows. The bookshop is moving, after our many years here.
I feel (besides exhausted and kind of in shock) a curious sense of being guided. We have a new location, I have signed the rental agreement, all will be well.
Books are very very very heavy.

My street friends have been putting in long hours, for free, to help. And sometimes I cry, for many reasons.

But all will be well.

"How are you going to manage this?" asks a shocked customer.

"Just a book at a time. Just a box at a time."

And I will.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much luck.

Don't forget to bend your knees and keep the back straight!

3:06 PM, August 04, 2008  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Bon voyages to your new scene of the adventure...and yes, books are h e a v y, I remember moving into our house and the backaches they gave!

3:29 AM, August 11, 2008  
Blogger Amy Branham said...

Good luck with your move... What a yucky chore!

Peace!
Amy

1:52 PM, August 14, 2008  
Blogger Margaret said...

Where is the store going? This is upsetting.

7:21 PM, August 23, 2008  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

If you ever feel like telling the histlory behind this move, I'd be interested in hearing it. Your frinds will be an incredible help to you. They have something wonderful and meaningful to do ~ giving the books a new home. Is this new home far, by the way? best of luck.

11:36 AM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

It is taking a lot longer than we'd hoped, but we are getting there. When I am well in place (or even sorta in place) I will maybe tell the story.

Don't be upset, Margaret, everything is going to be okay.

2:27 PM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger anahita said...

thanks for your visit

and good luck.

9:36 AM, August 26, 2008  
Blogger Jan said...

Enjoy your New View!

1:59 AM, August 28, 2008  
Blogger Susanna said...

hope your move went well.

you will have to post a pic of the new view.

6:40 AM, August 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home